Thursday, April 3, 2008

Social Bookmarking

Today I added the del.icio.us Linkrolls script to this blog. Pretty cool feature. I also added the del.icio.us application to my Facebook profile.

It's definitely an easy way to access my bookmarks/favorites from any PC with an Internet connection. I uploaded all of my Firefox bookmarks to del.icio.us, but kept most of them private for now. Some I shared, though, and added tags.

The automatic tagging of my bookmarks was an interesting feature, even though some of the assigned tags wouldn't make sense to anyone else!

I suppose social bookmarking could be used for research, but I'm not sure how often I'd use it myself. People who use del.icio.us a lot would probably be more likely to take advantage of the many uses of social bookmarking and tagging.

No comments: